Easy Hacks for Cleaning Bongs the Natural Way
First and foremost, cleaning and maintenance are tasks that should frequently be done. Items like bongs and pipes are no exceptions—to fully take in the flavors of your choice smokes, you need to clean your pieces. Yes, bong cleaning takes effort but reaping the benefits of a pristine bong makes for a better smoking experience every time.
While the use most users often recommend the use of of isopropyl alcohol and bong cleaning kits, there are also methods in which you can spruce up your bong in an eco-conscious, natural manner. For some smokers out there, the best way to clean your bong bowl is still through natural means.
This article offers all-natural bong cleaning hacks that you should know if you are against the use of chemicals for cleanups.
Eco-Friendly Bong Cleanup Methods
Cleaning without chemicals usually involves the use of salt. Eco-conscious consumers agree that salt works as effective as a scrubbing agent without the harshness of chemicals. If combined with vinegar, salt can also enhance scouring and facilitate deodorizing action.
The Salt Routine
- Disassemble your bong before the cleanup to make the whole routine easier.
- Remove all moving parts like the bowl and the mouthpiece.
- Use lukewarm tap water to get rid of all the dirt contained inside the bong.
- Allow the bong to dry completely.
- Put salt or Epsom salt in the bowl or mouthpiece. The quantity of salt needed for this step will be based on the bong’s size.
For standard bongs, you need around 1/2 cup of salt. You can use a funnel for this step.
- Make sure to close every opening on the bong with your hands to prevent the salt from dripping.
- Shake the bong for several minutes. Remember, the more you shake your piece, the cleaner it will be.
- Drain the salt in the sink and wash the bong thoroughly. You can scrub more if you wish however once is good enough.
- Make use of other cleaning items like test tube cleaners, brushes or Q-tips to take away dregs and grime from concealed or hard-to-reach areas of the bong.
- Rinse the bong frequently to cut down on cleaning time.
The Water Routine
If you want cleaning without salt, you can make do with water. Cleaning your bong naturally also means using water as the primary scouring agent. Here are the steps to achieve a much-needed clean.
- Take away remaining deposits—clean the pipe by removing resin with the use of a Q-tip. Wipe and loosen bigger gunk with the help of lukewarm water.
- Next step is to boil the pipe in the water. The entire pipe should be covered with sufficient water, around 3 to 4 inches of it.
- Plunge the pipe in the water once it boils. Make sure it is immersed completely.
- Remember to keep watch on the pipe while boiling since it might fracture and get damaged. Allow the pipe in the water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Take the pot away from the heat. The pipe will be hot so make use of oven mitts to inspect the item for dregs. Do not plunge the pipe in cold water because it will break.
The Vinegar Routine
If you want cleaning without alcohol, make use of vinegar. Cleaning your bong with vinegar is another non-fussy, eco-friendly alternative. Here are the steps.
- Put raw or apple cider vinegar in the bong. The amount you need will depend on your bong’s size.
- Shake the bong as you would with the salt method to remove the dregs.
- After this step, drain the vinegar in the sink.
Bong Maintenance Tips
One cannot stress the importance of cleaning especially if you are a regular bong user. A clean bong translates not only to a flavorful smoking experience but a bacteria-free, healthier one. Indeed, you need to exert some effort, but there are ways in which you can maintain your bong’s tidy state.
Listed here are some suggestions on keeping a cleaner bong.
- Store bong minus the H2O
This works for users who only use their piece from time to time. This step requires you only to put water on the bong whenever you smoke. Drain the bong of its contents before storing it.
- Use lemon juice to stop bong build up.
To maintain a cleaner bong, you can add drops of fresh lemon juice on the water. The juice of the lemons comes with active enzymes which stop dregs from accumulating on the inner parts of the bong. It also keeps the water fresh and prevents the dreaded bong water smell.
Do not go overboard with the juice—a few drops will do the trick.
- Consider the use of external attachments to maintain a tidy bong.
You can buy add-ins for your bong to keep it neat at all times. One such example is the ash catcher. Ashes, resin and other sorts of debris fly straight to the bong each time you smoke—prevent this from happening by using an ash catcher.
Ash catchers will help prevent dirt build up inside your piece, thus making it more pristine, longer.
Green-cleaning your bong has its benefits. You won’t have to deal with toxic residue after say, cleaning a bong stem. Besides, these natural procedures are also more affordable. Majority of basic cleaning procedures only need simple ingredients, and they can be found at home, the grocery store or supermarket.
If you want to save up on cleaner costs and lessen alcohol usage, remember these methods for a better, greener clean.
Bong cleaning should be a top priority. One can use rubbing alcohol and bong cleaners to do the job, but many still prefer doing it the natural way.
How to Clean a Bong
Last Updated: June 30, 2020 References Approved
This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow’s Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards.
There are 12 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.
wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. In this case, 89% of readers who voted found the article helpful, earning it our reader-approved status.
This article has been viewed 2,101,625 times.
Nothing ruins the taste of a good smoke like a dirty bong. Fortunately, there are some pretty easy and reliable ways to clean your bong both generally and extensively. To make and keep your bong clean, do a basic cleaning, get those tough areas and stains, and take good care of your bong.
Nothing ruins the taste of a good smoke like a dirty bong. Fortunately, there are some pretty easy and reliable ways to clean your bong both generally and extensively. To make and keep your bong clean, do a basic cleaning, get those tough…