Iolite Vaporizer Review:
Iolite Vaporizer is a portable vaporizer unlike any other on the market, as it is powered by butane rather than batteries. Made by Oglesby & Butler, the vaporizer is most commonly used for dry herbs, but is also handy for vaping with tobacco blends.
- No battery life restrictions or need to recharge
- Iolite makes it very convenient for use on the go
- Vaporizer has a very compact
- Stylish design that comes in a number of colors
- Vapor produced by the model has a fresh taste
- No special draw technique required to use vaporizer
- Iolite Vaporizer is larger than other portable models
- Vaporizer can become hot to during long vaping sessions
- Vapor is less dense than with other portables
- But it does not diminish the effectiveness of the vaporizer
Use coupon code ‘VPR’ to save 10% OFF
Key features of the Iolite
– Price – Iolite Vaporizer was the most expensive vaporizer on the market when it debuted in 2008, its retail price is $250. Right now you may find them selling for around $170, making it a low-mid priced option.
– Reputation – In online reviews, the Iolite Vaporizer scores very well, and it is frequently recommended by owners of smoke shops and vape shops. The vaporizer has a reputation for creating a great tasting vapor; however, the vapor it produces is not very thick. As a result, some people mistakenly think that they’re not getting much vapor when they first use it – but remember, this is just one of the features in their design.
– Guarantee – Iolite Vaporizer is warrantied for 2 years by the manufacturer, which is competitive with most other portables and offers a longer warranty than some other models.
– Prep Time – It takes roughly 2 to 5 minutes for the Iolite Vaporizer to reach its ideal working temperature and be ready for use. Before the first use, you should allow it to sit for a few minutes after filling it, but before turning it on.
– Portability, Size and Privacy – Iolite Vaporizer measures 4.25 inches in length by 2.25 inches in width by 1 inch in depth, so it’s about the size of a digital walkies talkie. It is a bit cumbersome to carry in a pocket; however, the design is very compact. Most people won’t recognize it as a portable dry herb vaporizer.
– Ease of Use – Even if you have never vaped before, the Iolite Vaporizer is very easy to use. You simply draw directly from the mouthpiece, as if you were drinking through a straw.
– Heating and Temperature Regulators – Iolite Vaporizer has an effective temperature regulator that allows its internal temperature to reach 374 degrees Fahrenheit. Although butane is used to power the conduction vaporizer, reports of combustion occurring with the vaporizer are very rare. Some people find that the vaporizer becomes hot to the touch and difficult to hold when it’s left on for long periods of time.
– Power Supply – Iolite Vaporizer is shipped empty and must be filled with standard butane prior to use. There’s no need to worry about batteries with this model, but it will need to be refilled with butane on a regular basis.Iolite Vaporizer is a portable dry herb vaporizer unlike any other on the market, as it is powered by butane rather than batteries. Click Here Now for Review!
Wispr & Iolite Users Guide. Hints, tips and cleaning advice.
The Iolite and Wispr are two classic vaporisers, after many years of using them, and selling them, we have come to love the simple design and stoner-friendly features. The Iolite was one of the first true portable vaporisers, the Wispr2 offers some great improvements on the proven original design.
Above, the Wispr 2. We offer it with a free 55mm Dutch Passion Pro Herb-grinder
For many owners the best feature of the Wispr / Iolite is the ability to refill them with butane gas inside a few seconds and use it straight away. Many electrically powered vaporisers use Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries, these give great performance but do require recharging which can take an hour or two. Sometimes you just want to pick up a vaporiser and use it straight away without waiting for an electrical recharge, the flexibility of the Butane powered heating system puts the Iolite/Wispr into their own league of stoner convenience. Whilst some vaporiser manufacturers dislike the use of a Butane-heated herb chamber, many people disagree. Butane may not have the same clean elegance as rechargeable batteries, but butane is quick, reliable and instant.
Here are our two top tips for Wispr / Iolite users:
1. Cleaning the vaporiser. Cleaning the mouthpiece is easy and ensures that you can easily enjoy the vape experience without having to suck ‘too hard’. If you don’t keep the unit clean it becomes harder to suck and therefore less effective. Cleaning the unit is easy and takes under 5 minutes. Ideally clean herb chamber twice a month to keep it in top condition.
Using the tool set that comes with the unit, push out the metal gauze, the metal ‘O’ ring and the small circular support disc (with 3 holes in it). Put them in a small pan, add some kitchen oil and heat for a couple of minutes. The hot kitchen oil dissolves any residues/resin on the gauze and other metal surfaces. Drain away the oil, dry the metal components with a kitchen towel and re-assemble. Some people prefer to rinse the metal parts in boiling water to remove all traces of kitchen oil before reassembly.
2. Using the vapourizer. Taking small, slow sucks is the best way to get stoned fast. Small, slow sucks removes the psychoactive vapours without dramatically dropping the temperature of the herb chamber. Around 10 minutes seems to be an optimum session time.
And here are answers to the most frequently asked ‘vapouriser’ questions
Is the Wispr/Iolite silent? No unfortunately not, thats one of the few drawbacks to it. Electrically powered vaporisers are silent, whereas the Iolite and Wispr2 use a small butane heating chamber to warm your herbs. The butane does give an audible noise, so its not completely silent, but on the other hand it is not excessively noisy.
What about the use of plastic tubing? Some vaporisers use glass pathways for the purest taste, but glass vaporisers are not for everyone, they will break more easily if dropped. The Iolite and Wispr2 use less expensive plastic and rubber parts, but the herbs still taste great and get you just as stoned.
Whats better, the Iolite or Wispr2?
The Wispr2 is easier to ignite (usually it lights on the first attempt) and appears to have a slightly larger herb chamber than the original Iolite which is a welcome bonus. The Wispr2 also has a butane chamber which allows you to see when you need to refill it. Refilling takes a few seconds with a can of butane. Both the older Iolite and the newer Wispr2 are both good vaporisers, but the Wispr2 is more refined and worth the extra cash.
Could the Wispr be improved? It’s hard to improve on such a solid design. There may be more advanced (and more expensive) vaporiser designs available but the Wispr still remains popular despite the fact that it does not have e.g. adjustable temperature control or some of the other features found on more sophisticated designs. But if you are looking for a solid, reliable, proven vaporiser design then the Wispr is a great choice.
Above, the Wispr comes complete with its own bag and cleaning kit. It is a solid proven vapouriser design at an affordable price.
There are many advantages to vaporising instead of smoking. Vaporising is healthier, and because it does not produce any smoke its a very discreet way to enjoy your cannabis. Vaporizing also allows your weed to last 2-3 times longer, this is because the vaporising process is much more efficient than smoking. Less of your precious weed disappears in smoke and more of it is used to get you high. This makes vaporising an increasingly popular, economical and healthy way to enjoy your recreational / medical cannabis. Many vaporiser owners feel that the vaporiser pays for itself within a few months thanks to the way it allows your pot to last longer.
If you have not yet switched from smoking to vaporising then it may be something you wish to seriously consider. At the moment we offer the Wispr2 together with the famous Dutch Passion 55mm herb grinder , it’s a solid combination which we think you will be very happy to own.Wispr & Iolite Users Guide. Hints, tips and cleaning advice. The Iolite and Wispr are two classic vaporisers, after many years of using them, and selling them, we have come to love the simple ]]>