How to Use a Dry Herb Vape
Mar 13 · 6 min read
Dry herb vape pens are all over the place these days. They are very popular at the moment because they are easy to take anywhere, they are easy to store, they are lightweight, and they are just as great as any other vaporizer.
But how do dry herb vape pens work, and how can you use them? Well, it’s much simpler than you might expect. So let’s dive into the inner workings of dry herb vapes, and how to use a dry herb vape!
Dry Herb Vape Pens: From the Inside Out
Dry herb vape pe n s are quite easy to understand as soon as you see how simple their inner-workings really are. To begin with, a vape pen refers to a small cylindrical shaped vaporizer (they resemble pens, which is where they get their name).
They require the power from a battery, which usually makes up the length of the vaporizer. Then, there is an herb chamber, which is where the product is deposited and vaporized. Then, depending on the design of the vaporizer, they usually has at least one power button.
There are a few differences that can vary from vape pen to vape pen, and the main difference is usually the heating method they use. Here is an easy explanation for each heating method:
Convection heating: this type of heating works by heating up the air around the dry herb (which is in the chamber), and vaporizing it that way. Think of it like a tiny convection-type oven.
Conduction heating: this type of heating works by applying heat to the dry herb (in the chamber) by coming in direct contact with the dry herb. This instantly begins vaporizing the herb.
Hybrid heating: this type of heating basically combines the use of a hot plate, while simultaneously heating the air inside the herb chamber. This is much more common in larger vapes, but some vape pens do offer this type of heating.
You can choose your dry herb vape pen based on the type of heating, which is very common. This is because some people prefer their dry herb be heated up through direct contact with the hot plate, which can be quicker; and others prefer there to be no contact with a hot plate whatsoever because the vapor is said to taste better that way.
Another common difference between dry herb vape pens is the ability to alter the temperature, and if so, temperature range they offer. Some vapes don’t allow the user to customize this, but some do.
It’s recommended to go for a vape pen that offers at least a few temperature options. This way, you can alter the temperature at which you’re vaping depending on the mood you’re in and the type of vaporizer you’re using (in terms of heating methods).
Dry herb vapes are usually powered by stationary batteries, meaning they aren’t usually removeable. But these batteries can be recharged and reused for up to a few years, or until the battery begins losing its potency.
However, there are some dry herb vaporizers that work with batteries that can be separated from the chamber, and these are referred to as ‘interchangeable batteries’. This type of dry herb vape pen can be very useful for people who like vaping quite a bit, because the user can use one battery while charging the other.
So now you know that dry herb vape pens are easy to understand, but are they just as easy to use?
How to Use Dry Herb Vape Pens: A Step-By-Step Guide
So, in order to use a dry herb vape pen you need your vape pen of choice, dry herb or flower, a grinder, and a loading tool or pick. Also, you should always read your vaporizer’s user guide to know how to load you vaporizer, how to operate it, and how to care for it properly.
Once you have collected these items and read the guide, all you need to do is:
- Finely grind your dry herb. It does not have to be powder, but the heat can distribute through the product much better when the herb is not too chunky.
- Open the vape’s chamber. Now begin loading your dry herb into the chamber with the loading tool or pick. Make sure not to fill it too high so there is room in the chamber.
- Now, begin to softly pack the herb so that it is not too loose but not too tight. You want enough ‘breathing room’ for the heat to distribute evenly throughout the herb, but not too much ‘breathing room’.
- This step is optional, but poking a little hole into the middle of the herb once it’s in the chamber can help the vapor to pass through the herb more easily.
- Now you can close the chamber. Then, if there is an option, you can set the temperature for your vape. The higher the temperature, the denser the vape cloud will be. The lower the temperature, the tastier the vapor will be.
- Then, just vape away and enjoy your dry herb vape pen.
How Do Dry Herb Vape Pens Compare to Other Vaporizers?
There are many other types of vaporizers on the market, and not all of them are the same. But this is a great thing, because there seems to be a little something for everyone! So to better understand how they all compare, here is an overview of a few different kinds of vaporizers:
- Desktop vaporizers: these are the largest types of vaporizers available, and they are called desktop vaporizers because they are not portable like vape pens, and they are much larger. Desktop vaporizers are great for parties and gatherings, or just really potent personal sessions. Some of the most popular examples of desktop vaporizers are: the Volcano Hybrid, the Extreme Q, and the Plenty.
- Portable vaporizer: these vaporizers are similar to vape pens in some ways, but they are usually larger than what we call vape pens. Some portable vapes can be used with dry herb, some with concentrates, and some with both. The best examples of portable vaporizers are: the PAX 3, the Mighty, and the IQ.
- Dab vapes: this is a broad term to describe vaporizers that are used to consume only concentrates. Within this category are dab rigs, dab pens, and e-nails. They are all a bit different, but they are all made specially for dabbing (consuming dabs, wax, crystals, or oils). An example of an e-nail is the CloudV. An example of a dab rig is the Peak. An example of a dab pen is the Honey Dab Pen.
- Analog vapes: these are vaporizers which do not rely on a battery to heat up, but rely on external heat sources like lighters to vaporize the product. They are very easy to use, very innovative, and they are still vaporizers since the herb or concentrates are never combusted. Good examples of analog vapes are: the DynaVap M and the NimbinVap 4.3.
If you’re looking for a vaporizer that is portable, discreet, easy to store and take with you anywhere, and lightweight, a dry herb vape pen will be your best choice. There are many different kinds to choose from, and you’re sure to find one that suits your preferences and needs.
Always make sure the vaporizer is high quality, made with good materials and craftsmanship, and is easy for you to use. This way, you will be able to use it easily throughout the day, and you will be able to use it for a long time. Now get out there and enjoy your dry herb vape!Dry herb vape pens are all over the place these days. They are very popular at the moment because they are easy to take anywhere, they are easy to store, they are lightweight, and they are just as… ]]>