CloudV Phantom Vaporizer Review
This is the Phantom vape from CloudV and for the price it’s a very decent unit. It’s designed for use with dry herbs and it’s right around $100, which is pretty much the cheapest you can go and still get a good vaping experience.
CloudV more recently released the Phantom Premium, which is mostly the same vape with two key differences: 3 temperature settings instead of just one, and an internal rechargeable battery instead of one that’s removable.
The build quality of the Phantom is real nice and it feels great in your hand, but one of the only things I’m not thrilled about is the single heat setting, which is pretty high at over 420°F.
The newer Premium model has a low setting at 374°F which I feel makes it the better option for the few extra bucks, but this original one is still respectable.
If you like a lot of visible vapor and don’t want to spend a lot then this is the vape for you, just know that the quality and strength of the vapor is not quite as good as some of the better models (albeit they’re more expensive).
So this vape only has a few parts. You have the mouthpiece part, which pulls right out of the top. It’s held in by a little o-ring. And then the bottom cap of the vape actually unscrews and that is where the battery is and the battery is removable. The chamber piece, or the herb chamber where you actually put your material, that’s sort of just built into the body, you don’t take that part out and you can see that it’s pretty simple. It’s not extremely large, I found that you could fit comfortably like .2-.3 roughly in there, which is a good amount.
The Phantom has only one button on it and one heat setting. So, to turn the vape on you click it three times and then you’re gonna see the button glowing red and that indicates that it’s heating up and once it reaches the operating temperature, that red light’s going to turn into a blue light. Now it’s actually like set or calibrated to get up to I believe 428 degrees Fahrenheit, that’s the one temperature that it has, it’s kind of on the high side, it’s pretty rare that I set any of my vapes that high. Usually when it’s that high, the vapor is gonna be a little hotter and harsher than it should be. So it’s pretty simple to use. You pack it, you turn it on, you just start taking draws once it heats up.
However, there is something a little weird about it and that is that is has a two-minute automatic shut off. The light that indicates that it’s on, that blue light behind the button; it’s a very faint light. If you’re anywhere that’s bright or if you’re outside, it’s gonna be kinda hard to see. I found myself having to look at it like this a lot to even see if it’s still on and that’s a little annoying because every two minutes you gotta to keep turning it on but you never know when it’s off so this is kinda like a vape where I was constantly looking at the button and I don’t know, it’s not terrible but it’s not quite as relaxing as some other vapes.
As far as performance goes, I do think it works fairly well. Not quite as good as like the top tier portables, but definitely decent. Out of that .2-.3 roughly that you can fit in the chamber you’ll probably get like 10 decent draws from it. You’re gonna get a decent amount of vapor. Now the only thing that I kinda mentioned before but I’ll mention it again that I’m not completely thrilled with as far as the vapor quality is that it does feel a little hot and because of that high temperature I guess, that 428 degrees that it’s preset at, I’m not really that surprised but yeah, it’s not quite as smooth as some other ones. The taste is good, especially for the first half of the session, but then halfway through, ya know, it kinda starts to get a little rough and not quite as good as in the beginning so, it’s not terrible but it’s not great so it’s just something to keep in mind.
I really do like how easy it is to use though. It’s a very simple vape. It has a nice weight to it, it feels quality, it has a nice, soft grippy outside. So I like it, I like the build quality of this one, I do. As far as cleaning goes, there really shouldn’t be too much to do because as long as you brush out the herb chamber after each session and get whatever loose stuff is in there out, you should be okay as far as that goes. And then as far as the mouthpiece goes, there’s just like a built in screen kind of in the bottom. You don’t really take any pieces of this apart. So, that’s another part that if you just brush off after each session, you shouldn’t have an issue. But I did notice some residue over time building up on this top piece. So a couple times now I have taken like a Q-tip, dipped it in rubbing alcohol, just to quickly clean off this part.
CloudV Phantom Vaporizer Review This is the Phantom vape from CloudV and for the price it’s a very decent unit. It’s designed for use with dry herbs and it’s right around $100, which is pretty
Cloud V Phantom Review: Pros & Cons
While Cloud V is mostly known for producing some of the best vape pens on the market today, their Phantom model is becoming one of their most popular products, due mainly to its attractive price point. Larger than some other herbal vaporizer pens, but smaller than a standard portable vaporizer, Cloud V has some positive attributes along with a few drawbacks.
- Economical price compared to other portables
- Large herb chamber capacity for a vape of its size
- Fast heat-up time
- Only one button for operation
- Battery is removable for easy replacing
- Simple to maintain with only minimal parts
- Vapor quality decreases as a session goes on
- Single temperature setting may be too hot
- Hot temperature leads to reductions in smoothness compared to other vape pens
- Larger size than many other dry herb pens
- LED light is difficult to see because it is faint
Use coupon code ‘VPR’ to save 10% OFF
Tips for best results
- Be sure to grind your herbs as fine as possible before loading them into the heating chamber
- The Phantom pen works best when it is packed rather full
In-Depth of Cloud V Phantom
– Price – The Cloud V Phantom retails for around $129, making it less expensive than many other portable models, and competitive with other top best vaporizer pens.
– Reputation – As far as performance goes, the Phantom is typically considered to produce vapor of average quality. The first few draws from the herb pen are usually quite pleasing, but taste quality often diminishes as session continues. Also, the vape pen tends to run hot, which can make the vapor less smooth.
– Guarantee – The Cloud V gives a 1-year warranty, which is good compared to other similar brands.
– Prep Time – Ready for use in just a few seconds, this unit is faster than most portable vaporizers, and as fast as the best vaporizer pens. You will need to grind your herbs very finely by using a herb grinder for best results, but that’s not uncommon for herbal pens. There are only a few parts in the design of the pen, so it’s very quick to set up.
– Portability, Size and Privacy – As mentioned before, the Cloud V Phantom is smaller than most portable vaporizers, but it is larger than some other herb pens. It is bigger than most people’s hands, and it will likely be too bulky to fit in a pocket. Still, for the increase in size, you get a larger herb chamber, which means longer sessions with less refills.
– Ease of Use – This model has only one button, allowing for straightforward operation. There is an LED light that lets you know when the vaporizer is on; however, it can be very difficult to see, which can be annoying, especially when you’re unsure whether or not the 2-minute auto shutoff has kicked in and turned off the vape pen. Drawing from the Phantom vape is fairly easy, but there is some draw resistance that might make this an impractical choice for people with lung problems. With only a few parts, the vape pen is easy to clean and maintain.
– Heating and Temperature Regulators – Unlike some other vaporizer pens, the Cloud V Phantom has just one temperature, which is 428 degrees Fahrenheit. This is rather hot for a vape pen, and that does seem to diminish the vapor quality.
– Power Supply – The Phantom’s battery life per charge is competitive with other similar pen style models. One nice feature about the battery is that it’s removable, so you can replace it without having to get a whole new vaporizer pen.
Overall, the Cloud V Phantom is a good quality portable dry herb vaporizer for those who want a satisfying vaping experience every time without having to spend an exorbitant amount of money. Priced at just above $100, this is one of the best dry herb vaporizers that you can find for a low price without sacrificing quality. This is especially true when you consider that unlike many portable vaporizers of this price range, it uses convection vaporization power that ensures your material will not combust at any point while vaporizing.
The Cloud V Phantom is ultra portable with its slender body that is comfortable to hold and simple to stick into your pocket. The large .3 dry herb chamber sits securely inside and won’t dump out your materials. It comes with two 18650 batteries so that you are able to keep one charged at all times, letting you simply switch out your batteries when one is depleted. You are also able to charge them via battery bank or micro USB. Its simple charging ability and long battery life make it excellent for on the go usage. The Cloud V Phantom has one temperature setting that has been optimized for use, which is 428 degrees Fahrenheit.
Choose the Cloud V Phantom if you are a vaper on a budget and want to enjoy high quality dry herb vaping at home or out and about.
Phantom Cloud Pen vape by Cloud V, has a large herbal chamber & fast heat-up time. Discover if the single temperature setting is too hot to vape dry herbs with?